Friday, May 14, 2010

Things are moving slowly, but still moving...

We have six chicks hatched, and almost all of the eggs have holes in them. I think many will hatch overnight. One of the hatched chicks got stuck between the wall of the incubator and the automatic turner, and needed help to get out. I'm pretty sure she would have died if left too long. Something tells me I'm not going to get a lot of sleep tonight. I didn't fall asleep when I went to nap, either. I just kept listening to the cheeping, and hoping that everything was okay. Of course, everything was okay.

I probably shouldn't be hovering like this, but it's hard not to. It's funny, I was just about to write that I felt I might be neglecting the rest of the animals, and even Gracie who is in the Cabaret show at CVR tonight. Then Sawyer, one of the kittens, trotted by with a huge turd stuck to his bum, and I pushed the computer aside to chase Mr. Stinky-butt with a kleenex. Guess I'm not missing everything. And I have been praying all night for Gracie. I can't wait to hear about it, or to see the show tomorrow night!

So, many if not all of those little holes in those little eggs will turn into cracks that let loose our chickies. As for Mr. Stinky-butt, he took off when he saw me coming, and when I finally caught him, he was sans turd. Brat. He did make a pass over the shoes in front of the door. I looked and looked, but...let's just say someone may find a surprise in their shoe tomorrow! And it won't be a chick!

Muahahahahahahaha!

As for me, I'm going to be wearing sandals. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment